Termites and other pests
- Termites and other wood destroying insects such as carpenter ants and powder post beetles can do massive damage to a home and greatly impact its condition and value.
Wells and Septics
- Almost half of the United States depends on ground water for its drinking water supply. If you have a well, it’s important to understand the different materials that comprise your well system. You should consider a well test accompanied with water testing to make sure that the system is in proper working order and explained to you.
- A basic stress test can be performed as part of your inspection – this test can indicate issues that may point to larger problems.
If you are buying a home with a septic system, you could also consider having it inspected by a septic contractor. Our standard home inspection does not include this type of specialized, intrusive inspection. To properly inspect the system, the contractor will need to dig holes to access the underground parts of the system. This will include inspecting the tank, as well as the leach field.
- A standard Bacteria/E-coli test is often required by a lender if a well system supplies water to the property. This is a low cost test to ensure that you have good safe drinking water conducted by a State Certified Lab. Cirrus Home inspections not only handles these tests but many other water testing needs such as lead, nitrates/nitrites, sulfides/sulfates, etc.
Mold / Radon
Mold– This four letter word of today can sometimes be overrated and exaggerated. Other times it can be of concern. A variety of mold testing services can be performed by us to suit your individual needs.
– A naturally occurring colorless, odorless, and tasteless radioactive gas. It is produced by the breakdown of uranium in rocks and soil. Radon can enter homes through cracks in the basement floors and walls and opening around sump pumps, drains, and construction joints. Is it dangerous? Does your home have it? Does the dwelling need to be tested for it?
Call us today to get a FREE
estimate on our electrical wiring solutions. 574-753-4701
Entrust your electrical work with an electrician who has an electrical engineering degree! Get affordable and safe electrical repairs, installs, and designs.